Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

I hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day! My husband and I had an overnight getaway just the two of us this last weekend to celebrate Valentine's Day. With four kids, we don't get away very often so it was really fun!

Anyway, I wanted to share with you some Valentine's Day projects that I made with the help of my 11 year old. First off are his Valentine's that we made for his class.

We got this idea from my Thankful Thursday Design Team buddy, Cheryl at Cards by CG. Thanks Cheryl for the great idea! My son had a lot of fun making these and his classmates thought they were pretty awesome.


Ben did a pretty good job making these. He was better at putting them together than I was. :)


Next, I made these cute little lip balm holders for Ben's female teachers. I think they turned out pretty cute. I love using the animal print paper. I think it's my favorite.


Here is a view from the side. You can see the tube of lip balm in this view.


This was the first year that my son was allowed to decorate his own Valentine's holder and then they were judged on them. I can't remember where I found this idea, but I saw it and just had to use this idea.


It's a kleenex box covered with my animal print paper, white card stock for the teeth and an egg carton for the eyes. I glued googly eyes to the egg carton pieces and then used my cricut to cut out his name for the back. Below is the back view.


My son has one male teacher and I didn't think he'd want a pink lip balm so I just put together a treat bag for him with Hershey's Hugs and Kisses and I made a topper for it. This is one side of the topper.


And here is the other side of the topper. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Not girly and suitable for a guy.


And lastly, here is the Valentine's Day card I made my husband. Also, not too girly. :)


Well, that is all I have to share with you today. I know that was a lot, but I was anxious to share all my Valentine's Projects with you now that everything has been passed out to the appropriate recipients. Thanks for stopping by and stop back real soon. Leave me a comment if you like.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I'd love for you to leave me a comment and stop back again soon!